Selecting a child care option for your child/children can be a daunting process. Majority of families in the Pilbara Region do not have the benefit of family support or assistance and may not feel comfortable or be in a financial position to place their children in day care or family day care facility.
By hosting an Au Pair, you have the flexibility of ensuring your child/children are being cared for in the safety of your own home without interrupting their routine while you work in order to provide for your family.
This is also an opportunity for you to showcase the Pilbara and allow your Au Pair to experience what is on offer including camping, visiting our National Parks and exploring the unique parts of our region.
information on hosting an au pair
In order to meet the requirements of hosting an Au Pair, you must be able to provide suitable accommodation and transport. As a minimum, this must include access to their own bedroom, access to a bathroom (this can be shared with the family) and access to your home and living facilities. In regards to transport, a suitable car must be provided that your Au Pair can use during and potentially after hours.
A full time arrangement equates to child care services for up to a 40-hour week. This includes your Au Pair looking after your child/children following a routine you have both discussed and completing light house hold chores such as tidying up after the child/children, completing the washing for the child/children and family chores such as washing dishes and cleaning their own room.
If you are wanting your Au Pair to perform additional house cleaning services above light house hold chores which may include vacuuming, moping, cleaning the kitchen, and cleaning the bathroom/s on a weekly basis, you may be required to pay additional funds depending on the Au Pairs established working hours, the size of your house and the level of expectations you have. We can work through this together during the placement offer process.
what support do i offer a registered host family?
- Au Pair applicant information including contact information so you can engage with the Au Pair directly if you are interested in meeting with them and discussing a placement with your family
- Host Family Profile posted on Pilbara Au Pair Services Website for interested Au Pairs to view
- Interview guide with questions to assist your family in the meet and greet process with Au Pairs
- Information sheet on how an Au Pair can apply for a Working Holiday Visa if required
- Information sheet on how an Au Pair can open an Australian Bank Account if required
- Information on Health Insurance/Travel Insurance for an Au Pair if required
- Information sheet on how an Au Pair can apply for a Working With Children’s Check on arrival if required
- Access to a Pilbara Au Pair Services Facebook Page for Host Families with access to support, information and sharing between Host Families
- Annual update on recommended payment for Au Pairs
Register your interest today and allow me to connect you with an Au Pair that suits your requirements.
Are you interested in Placement Support for your Au Pair? Check out the Placement Support tab for more information!
Fees & POCKET MONEY
Host Family Connection Service:
- Registration Fee - $50.00
- Annual Connection Service Fee - $50.00 (invoiced following 12 month registration)
Recommended Weekly Pocket Money to be paid to the Au Pair based on 40-hour week - $300.00 (increased 1st March 2017)
Au Pair Completion Bonus (introduced 1st March 2017):
$171.00 (6 week placement)
$342.00 (12 weeks/3 month placement)
$684.00 (24 weeks/6 month placement)
$1,370.00 (48 weeks/12 month placement)